What I'll Be Watching This Fall

Monday

8:00 - Gossip Girl (CW)
8:00 - Terra Nova (Fox - New)
10:00 - Castle (ABC)
10:00 - The Playboy Club (NBC - New)

I've decided at this moment to continue on with Gossip Girl. I figure since this is likely its last season, I should see it through to the end. After all, if I could slug through season two without dumping it, I can probably stick it out. The Playboy Club is the most exciting show NBC is debuting this fall, so I'm looking forward to that one. And it will be nice to finally see Terra Nova... hopefully.

Tuesday

8:00 - Glee (Fox)
9:00 - Ringer (CW - New)

The schedule I have set for myself is much less crowded than it was last fall. Tuesdays are a case in point, as I'm only recording two shows. Glee continues to disappoint, but those great episodes every once in a while remind me of why I loved the first half of season one so much... and so I stick around. Ringer is the series I'm most looking forward to, as I'm a huge Sarah Michelle Gellar fan (Buffy was my life) and the preview clips released today looked promising.

Wednesday

8:00 - Survivor: South Pacific (CBS)
8:00 - Up All Night (NBC - New)
9:30 - I Hate My Teenage Daughter (Fox - New)
10:00 - Revenge (ABC - New)

Even though I didn't like the Redemption Island twist of this season of Survivor, it continues to be the most addictive reality show on television for me. I'll give the first few episodes of Up All Night a shot, since I love Christina Applegate, but I'm not expecting to get sucked into it; it looks like it'll appeal more to an audience a little bit older than I am. I'm very much looking forward to I Hate My Teenage Daughter after seeing the trailer Fox released this week; I laughed out loud a few times in just those three minutes, so I have high hopes for the rest of the series. I didn't initially plan on watching Revenge, but the trailer has me curious. I enjoyed Emily Van Camp on Everwood, and this show has that WB feel to it. I'll give it a try, perhaps I'll be surprised.

Thursday

8:00 - The Vampire Diaries (CW)
8:00 - The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
9:00 - The Secret Circle (CW - New)
9:00 - Person of Interest (CBS - New)

Apparently I was the only one not impressed with the preview CBS released of Person of Interest. It made the show look like a standard procedural, and a humorless one at that. But I'll still give it a chance, considering how much I like the cast and how well-received the pilot has been. I have high hopes for The Secret Circle, since its sister show The Vampire Diaries has become one of the shows I most look forward to watching each week.

Friday

8:00 - Nikita (CW)
8:00 - A Gifted Man (CBS - New)
9:00 - Grimm (NBC - New)
10:00 - Blue Bloods (CBS)

I've never, ever had this many shows to watch on a Friday night. I guess these networks really are getting serious about Friday programming. The first season of Nikita was a big surprise; it ended with a bang, and I'm curious to see where they'll take it next. A Gifted Man has a wonderful cast, and even though it looks and sounds cheesy, I'll give it a few episodes to grab me. Grimm is another show I'm eagerly anticipating, even though it was off my radar until it was announced on the schedule on Sunday. The trailer was great, and it looks like a good deal of fun. I'm probably not going to watch the full season of Blue Bloods, however, if the rumors of a change in format are true. A new showrunner has been brought on to apparently make it more like a typical procedural, which is exactly why I watch it; the thing I like about the show is that the characters are the focus, and the actors are wonderful when they have complex material to work with. So if this devolves into a crime-of-the-week bore, I'll be tuning out.... and it looks like that may be the case, since the show's big mystery was concluded in the season one finale.

Sunday

7:30 - The Cleveland Show (Fox)
9:00 - Family Guy (Fox)
9:30 - American Dad (Fox)
10:00 - Pan Am (ABC - New)

Here's to hoping The Cleveland Show and Family Guy are funny this season, because neither of them were this past year. American Dad is consistently the best animated program Fox has on Sundays, so I'll continue to watch it and laugh. Pan Am looks decent enough, and I'm hoping it can keep up a certain degree of energy to keep me watching beyond the pilot.

Comments